Scott Simkins, Attorney at Law – Florida Bar Since 1986
Proudly Serving Tampa, St. Petersburg, New Port Richey, and Clearwater
1991 – Present
Law Firm of Scott Simkins, P.A. established
- Owner of lawfirm specializing in representing thousands of disabled Floridians.
TRUST AMERICA CORP
- General Council for Publicly Traded Mortgage Banking Holding Company
- Oversaw over 5 million dollars worth of litigation on a nationwide basis and assisted the board of directors, chief executive office and chief operating office with respect to daily legal matters.
- Provided first draft of law suit against First Union National Bank for Lender Liability, resulted in $10,000,000.00 settlement.
1988 – 1989
KRAMER and GOLDEN
- Handled various litigation matters including real estate litigation, personal injury, family law litigation, and commercial litigation.
- Real estate transactions and assisted in general practice.
- Tried 3 jury trials during time spent with Kramer and Golden.
1986 – 1987
HAYT, HAYT and LANDAU
A national health care law firm with 125 attorneys nationwide.
- Worked in civil litigation department and handled approximately 1,000 commercial litigation cases.
- Litigating law suits for student loans, hospital bills and credit card debts.
- Tried over 30 bench trials in a period of 12 months.
- Admitted to the United States District Court.
- Juris Doctorate from the University of Miami School of Law.
Dean’s List fall of 1984 and the Spring of 1986
- B.A. from University of Florida in Sociology
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
April 1992 – 1994 / 1995 – 2001
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciations from the Community Law Program
- Awarded “Attorney of the Month”
Community Law Program
- Awarded Certificate of Recognition for serving the best interests of abused and neglected children
- Awarded Certificate of Recognition from the Guardian Ad Litem program for dedication in representing the best interests for abused and neglected children.
The 6th Judicial Circuit of Florida
1994, 1997 and 1998
- Awarded Certificate of Appreciation for serving as an Instructor at Peoples Law School
Clearwater Bar Association
- Pro Bono Committee Chairman
The St. Petersburg Bar Association
1992 – 1993
- Awarded Pro Bono Award for the St. Petersburg Bar Association for dedication in providing Pro Bono legal services to the indigent of Pinellas County
Do you need legal representation for Social Security Disability in the Tampa Bay area? Call Scott today at (813) 609-6933 for Tampa or (877) 444-4660 for all other areas in Florida. All consultations are FREE so you have nothing to lose. Saturday and evening appointments are available.